Wednesday 11 January 2023

How to Use Your Friends Home Wi-Fi Password

Hey guys,

I know it's been a long time since I posted. Will give the explanations later.


We just had a December shutdown and I was fortunate to visit many of my friends houses, which I could not do, because of Covid lockdowns earlier - you may call this as my revenge travel :P

At one instance, I saw one uncle working on his laptop, and curious, I went to discuss what is he working on.

Post few mins of conversation, I realized that I too should work and asked him for their home's wi-fi password.

And that is when it hit him - he wasn't aware of their password!

So, in such scenarios, I am going to share what's your way out. Let's get started:

1. You need access to a device connected to that network (in my case, uncle laptop came handy)

2. On your keyboard, press WINDOWs + R button. This will open up Run pop-up. Windows button is like this on your keyboard - 


3. Once the Run dialog appears, type cmd as shown below


4. That opens up the command prompt, type this simple command 

netsh wlan show profile <<replace with Wi-Fi network name>>  key=clear













And that's it, under Security settings -> Key Content, you can see the wi-fi password.

Rest is next.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment